After receiving our ‘Need for Speed’ whitepaper, 304 contacted us requesting a speed audit for their current website.
With this audit, we reviewed how their existing site was performing and what improvements could be made to increase their site speed which would subsequently boost their overall site engagement and conversions rate.
Following this review, our established trust with 304 meant that we have continued to work with them on an ad-hoc basis to improve their website and digital marketing efforts.
- Review their existing site and make recommendations on how they can improve their site speed.
- Improve bounce rate and average session duration as a result of these changes.
- Scope out their site for additional improvements and understand the full ecommerce potential of their website.
- Consult on various recommended improvements and work together on an ad-hoc basis to implement these changes.
The Plan of Action
After completing a site speed audit, it became clear that the mobile version of the 304 site needed the most urgent attention. Accounting for over 90% of their overall traffic, the speed score for mobile was resulting in an estimated customer loss of 32%.
Additionally, the number of apps that were running on the site was causing the speed to be dragged down. Overall, we saw that the best improvements to their website speed could be made from amending the codebase of landing page templates within the store’s theme.
Other recommendations included compressing images and requesting correct sizes dependant on users screen site, removing unused elements within the theme, and creating mobile-only elements to improve the performance of the mobile site.
- Mobile Performance: 15.28% increase
- Mobile Speed index: -5.36% decrease
- Desktop Performance: 24.6% increase
- Desktop Speed index: -11.86% decrease