The Aspire Channel Swim is a charity which is aimed towards raising money for people with spinal cord injuries to ensure that they live a fulfilling and independant life.
They contacted Digital Cake for help raising awareness of their event and increasing sign ups for the following year. To achieve this, we were given the task of creating two custom build functionalities that would increase overall engagement.
- Build a Custom CSS Website which was both fast and secure.
- Increase awareness of the charity for 2017.
- Expand the number of users and create a space for them where they could interact and share stories.
- Maintain attention and encourage new traffic to the site.
- Create engaging content to increase the average time spend on the site.
- Send strategically triggered newsletters to those who had signed up and those who had not yet completed the process.
The Plan of Action
The first custom build functionality that we created was a social hub integration which would collate all of their social networks in one place. The aim of this being to showcase the work that Aspire has done and the stories of those taking part as well as encouraging engagement and return visits.
The second application build that we made was the Relay Tracker, an interactive map which focused on various influencers around the UK who were taking part in the event and gathered PR material from these profiles as well as increasing the total amount of time that people spent on the Aspire Channel Swim site.
The number of participants who took part in the challenge increased, meaning that we successfully reached our initial goal for Aspire Channel Swim.
We achieved this by adding a number of features to the site such as a social hub integration and an interactive relay tracker which followed the progress of UK influencers who took part in the challenge. These additional features increased the average session duration on the site to 04:52, and instilled the personal and relatable tone that Aspire desired.