Since 1969, Weller Wheels have been handcrafting British Steel for road and track as a more durable and harder alternative to alloy.
With over 50 years of experience in their field making wheels for iconic brands such as Silverstone, Kahn Designs and even James Bond himself, Weller Wheels brand ethos is simple; showcase the best of British manufacturing with products that are built to last!
Weller needed a website with a more engaging user experience that would showcase their status, authority and heritage to both existing and prospective customers. They also needed an accompanying marketing strategy to work alongside future product launches, existing campaigns and company milestones. This is where Digital Cake stepped in to help…
- Create a bespoke ecommerce Shopify website which would include features such as custom-built filters on collection pages and search functions such as ”search by car” and ”search by PCD”.
- Create an accompanying marketing strategy that would increase their brand awareness and overall conversion rate, particularly for new product launches and popular stock.
- Ensure that their website showcases the rich history of the Weller Wheels brand and remains a true reflection of their unique heritage.
The Plan of Action
After meeting with Weller Wheels to discuss the need for an overhaul of their existing ecommerce strategy, we created a breakdown of priorities which outlined how to move through the next stage of their development journey.
The first stage of this process was to establish who Weller’s existing customers were, and from here we built three customer profiles which we used to guide our work and ensure that what we did would serve to ease the customer journey for these key personas.
From here we built a new website which prioritises the user experience, improves overall site navigation to be optimised towards conversion, and showcases Weller’s unique brand aesthetic.
Alongside this, we created a long-term marketing calendar which combines small and large campaigns to push traffic towards the new website, promote new product releases and highlight key company calendar dates.
Since implementing a new website and creating optimised marketing campaigns, we have seen an impressive increase in stats across the board. This includes:
- 325% increase in product page views
- 56% increase in sessions QonQ
- 220% increase in conversion rate
Alan Lowe, at Weller Wheels, has said in regards to working with Digital Cake;
“Digital Cake has remained dedicated to executing our brand vision online throughout the development process and are now an invaluable part of the Weller Wheels team! Moving forward into the future of the business, we are confident that the ongoing support from Digital Cake will play a vital role in guiding us through any oncoming ecommerce industry changes.”